Responding to Human Emergencies
Natural disasters already affect marginalised people. Don Bosco Network responds immediately to support them through the crisis and its aftermath.
In response to the ongoing COVID 19 pandemic, the Don Bosco Network reached out to more than 3.27 million people through its Don Bosco Solidarity COVID 19 Relief campaign.
- Migrant Help Desks worked with thousands of migrants to support them with food, healthcare, information and counselling, interfacing with the authorities to organize transport and permissions to return to their home states if needed.
- 1,248,231 beneficiaries of ration kits
- 990,556 Beneficiaries of Ready-to-eat food
- 996,911 Beneficiaries of Health and Nutrition items
- Education support to 21,019 people
- Livelihood support to 2746 people
- Mental health support in multiple languages
- PPE kits to frontline healthcare workers.
- Livelihood support for 2,746 people
- Cash for work programmes and skills training launched to equip the vulnerable to find ways to earn a living.