Don Bosco Navjeevan’s role in combating COVID
To help the government and provide relief measures to the people affected by COVID, Don Bosco Navjeevan, Chandigarh has been providing various relief measures like:
- Provided 1000 families provided with ration, masks, gloves, medical kits and sanitisers.
- Counselling and online activities like making videos and short movies, drawing and speech competitions for 390 children.
- Supported 11 hospitals with masks, PPE kits, sanitisers to distribute to various dispensaries.
- Supplied The Police headquarter at Chandigarh with hygiene materials to distribute to people.
- Dry Ration kits to 2500 migrant families
- Free ambulance services with medical facilities, regular check-ups, medicines to 90 slum families, transportation of patients to the hospitals and back.
- Hospitals provided with oxygen cylinders and ventilators
The Don Bosco Network in India comprises of 11 Planning and Development Organisations (PDOs), each dedicated to the development of the Salesian provinces they serve. The Don Bosco network is spread across 29 states and 354 NGOs, reaching more than 10 lakh people.