The COVID Tsunami has hit hard and disrupted every sphere of life, especially for vulnerable people. To deal with these challenging situations and provide solidarity to the people of India, Bosco Delhi stepped up to support the people affected by the virus.
The 5child-focused organizations that came together for a Joint COVID-19 Response for Children are- Margaret Bosco Bal Sadan (MBBS), Catalyst for Social Action, Human Touch Foundation, Children’s Right in Goa, Childline Goa, and Konkan Development Society.
- Dry Ration Kits to 1478 families.
- Cash-based assistance of Rs. 3000 to 96 migrants and refugees
- 30 oxygen concentrators and 60 mattresses to 6 hospitals in Delhi, in collaboration with UNHCR
- 4600 digital thermometers to migrants and refugees.
- 8 widows with minor children supported with seed money of Rs. 10,000 to start small earning initiatives
- 34 Positive home quarantined COVID cases provided with medical kits with items like oximeter, digital thermometer, vaporizer machine, Basic medicines, vitamins, ORS, gloves, mask and sanitizers.
- 2130 beneficiaries reached through COVID support programmes such as counselling, 24x 7 helpline number services, online educational support for children etc..
The Don Bosco Network in India comprises of 11 Planning and Development Organisations (PDOs), each dedicated to the development of the Salesian provinces they serve. The Don Bosco network is spread across 29 states and 354 NGOs, reaching more than 10 lakh people.
B-33, Street no. 7,
Dashrathpuri, Palam- Dabri Road,
New Delhi – 110045