To support and assist migrant workers, Don Bosco Network, in collaboration with Don Bosco for Migrants (DB4M) – Coimbatore conducted a Covid-19 Test Camp for 25 Migrants working at Smart City Project at Coimbatore. This came after having met with few positive cases in the settlement. Following the government guidelines and help of the government officials, Kabasura Kudineer- a Health Drink advocated by Govt of Tamil Nadu to boost Immune System was also distributed to 79 Migrants in the settlement.
The Don Bosco Network thanks its team and partners for the solidarity for the migrant workers.
Don Bosco Network- in Solidarity with the people of Delhi
The nation has been totally devastated by the second wave of the COVID-19 pandemic. Health care system has collapsed and the people are in dire need of support
Don Bosco Network, in collaboration with BOSCO (Planning and Development Office of INN) has identified various locations in Delhi where people required aid. With the assistance of its partners and team, it has
- Distributed groceries to 700 families, and is planning to reach 10,000 families this month.
- Provided cash assistance of Rs. 3000/- to 200 migrants and refugees in Delhi-NCR to meet their basic expenses like rent.
- Supported 1041 individuals to access hospital services, while also providing online consultation service for COVID patients through its team of medical social workers and doctors
- Provided 200 PPE kits to frontline workers and NGO volunteers, masks to 2000 people, Sanitization Materials to 750.
- Received 450,000 masks from the embassy of South Korea and have been distributing them.
- Provided funeral assistance of Rs. 7000/- to 11 families.
- Provided online counseling by a team of psychologists and trained counselors, benefitting 303 individuals.
- Provided groceries and utensils to 17 most vulnerable families among migrant construction workers.
- Provided online creative learning to 1300 children from the slums and migrants.
- Conducted 29 digital learning sessions with 586 participants.
- Provided ‘goods cycle rickshaws’ to 5 families to sell vegetables and fruits in the villages as a means of survival.
- Is in the process of procuring oxygen concentrators and beds for five charity hospitals
With the onset of second wave, we are continuing our efforts to provide maximum assistance and solidarity to the nation. Don Bosco Network thanks its partners for their generous support in extending this help to people in distress in Delhi.
The Don Bosco Network in India comprises of 11 Planning and Development Organisations (PDOs), each dedicated to the development of the Salesian provinces they serve. The Don Bosco network is spread across 29 states and 354 NGOs, reaching more than 10 lakh people.
B-33, Street no. 7,
Dashrathpuri, Palam- Dabri Road,
New Delhi – 110045