The Remedial Education and Development (READ) initiative, in collaboration with PwC in Kolkata and Bengaluru is making significant strides in improving the lives of 840 slum-dwelling children.
● Remedial Education to bridge the educational gap, helping children catch up in their studies.
● Life Skills and Child Rights Training to empower children with knowledge about their basic rights and vital life skills.
● Menstrual Hygiene Awareness to break menstrual hygiene taboos for adolescent female students.
● Nutritional Support distribution for children's health and nutrition.
● Zero Dropouts and Child Labor during the project.
● 35+ School Dropouts Re-enrolled and got a second chance at education.
● Academic Improvement of atleast 80% of children.
● Child Rights Empowerment : Children are now informed and confident about their basic rights.
The READ initiative exemplifies the power of education and community development, fostering a brighter future for Kolkata and Bengaluru’s slum-dwelling youth.
Bosconet - Don Bosco Network harnesses resources for the efforts of sustainable future of India by Don Bosco India, spanning 28 states, 11 interstate Planning and development organisations and 350+ NGOs.
B-33, Street no. 7,
Dashrathpuri, Palam- Dabri Road,
New Delhi – 110045
Tel: +91 7669289604 - 05